Friday, March 01, 2013

In Book News, March 1, 2013

It's the first day of March and here is what I am excited about today in the book world.  

First, today is Read Across America begins today, on the birthday of the beloved Dr. Seuss.  Students across the country will be celebrating.

Next up, I am a huge fan of Flavorpill and I look forward to all the literary news and discussions that turn up in my email inbox every day.  Today, they got a list of 10 New Must-Read Books for March .  

If you are interested in book covers, check out Flavorpill's 15 Movie Tie-In Book Covers that Make Us Sad.  I don't know how sad they all make me, but I definitely prefer to avoid books with  movie tie-in covers.  

Next up, The Huffington Post has an article about the new words added to the OED this year, including "friend zone" and "appletini".  

Don't forget, Monday begins The Tournament of Books over at The Morning News.  I can't wait for the action to begin!  Go here for your brackets if you want to follow along!  I'll post the link to the first book challenge on Monday.  The complete list of books and the judges can be found here.

No comments: