Monday, March 11, 2013

Lizzie Bennet Fever

How was I  not aware of The Lizzie Bennet Diaries.  Just this morning on Amy's blog Teeny Reader, she not only made reference to the web series, she also posted episode number one.  Of course, as I found out they are already up to episode 94.  I've subscribed to the youtube channel and have bookmarked The Lizzie Bennet Diaries website.  I love a good adaptation of a favorite story.






Also, over at Mental Floss is an article on bookstores in barns.  The one in West Chester, Pennsylvania is beautiful.  I love creative bookstores.  Flavorpill does a lot of stories on them, bookstores and libraries on boats and in buildings that look like bookshelves, like the Kansas City Library.





Over at Google, today's Google Doodle celebrates what would have been Douglas Adams' 61st birthday.  He was a great talent gone too soon.  I have always thought the Barnes and Noble people are doing a disservice to nook owners by not making a nook cover that imitates The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, the book that the book's about. You know, with DON'T PANIC emblazoned across it.


Lastly, I finished Gone Girl last night and I went to bed saying, "Holy Crap!"  over and over until I fell asleep.  I'll try to get the review up soonish. I've got a lot of book back log to cover.






No comments: