I did, luckily miss all of the really hard rain. That's been coming down most of the day at work. And, I'm still a little on my Belmont Stakes high. I won $16.75! Woo hoo! I'm rich. Who needs this crazy work nonsense? Not me. Of course I placed $20 in bets. I would have come out $1.75 ahead if I hadn't gone back and pored over the list, finally betting the last $5 on Overanalyze to show. I just love irony!
So, checking my email today I stumbled across a couple of good articles to link to, and oh, how I love today's google doodle celebrating Maurice Sendak's birthday. To this day, Where the Wild Things Are is one of my favorite books! There are plenty of days I wish I had Max's wolf suit to make mischief of one kind or another. Let the wild rumpus begin!!!
- Flavorwire posted an article yesterday of interviews with Sendak. I saw him on the Colbert Report and loved that one. He's a little prickly, but you just gotta love him.
- Buzzfeed has an article about the 42 web comics you should be reading. They did forget some of my favorites, Sheldon, Unshelved (which is about a young adult librarian, Dewey, and I can't forget Casey and Scotty, and I owe a huge debt of gratitude to the artist, Scott Tapp, who made my logo for me, many many years ago!
- Flavorwire posits what your favorite Shakespeare play says about you in this recent article.
- Buzzfeed outlines 12 Scientific Ways Reading Can Actually Improve Your Life. As if we weren't already aware of this.
- Speaking of favorite children's authors (remember, the Sendak stuff up there). Did you know Dr. Seuss illustrated a book called Boners?
- Sticking with the children's book theme, here's an old article from Flavorwire of celebrities and their favorites.
- I'll close out with this link to an article titled The 25 Books Every Kid Should Have on Their Bookshelf.