Saturday, June 01, 2013

Saturday Book Chat

I can't believe I never thought to use my photo of the book fountain in Rome here.  I loved this fountain. I have shots with me and the fountain, but I don't love them nearly as much.  

This morning over at Buzzfeed I saw a couple of great articles.  This one about 27 Totally Relatable Quotes about Reading.  I was surprised that my cousin has sent me some that are even better on facebook.  Maybe someone will curate the best of the book/reader memes and put them all in one place. 

Then they have their list of the 25 Most Challenging Books.  I've read a handful, but not nearly enough of these.

And then there's this video about Nouns With Absurdly Specific Definitions.
Not technically book related, but I found out about Jenny Lawson's Blog after listening to the audio version of her book, Let's Pretend This Never Happened, which I recommend to everyone, in your chosen book form.  A little while ago she had a post on Rules for Life, which is awesome on its own, but even better when you include the comments.

Earlier this month, Flavorwire posted this article on The Fascinating Stories Behind Classic Book Titles.  While, not all were quite Fascinating, it's a pretty cool new way to look at books you know and, maybe even love.

Last, but not least here's an article from Huff Books about ways to help your favorite author.  I think this is a great one for my fellow bloggers. You can read the full article here

That's it for me for today.  The pool is finally warm and the sun is shining and I've got some floating to do with my amazing Mickey.  Have a great weekend!

No comments: