Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Sharing More Link Love

It's that time again. Time to clear out some of my bookish link backlog.  Let's see what we have waiting for us in my blogstuff bookmarks folder.


  • These aren't  just 27 Perfect Spots to Curl Up With a Book, At least half of them look like they would be ideal to curl up for a nap. I'm not a nap person, but I want to grab my blankie, a book and snuggle in.
  • Here are 10 Must-Read Books for November. Personally, I'm waiting for the new Stepanie Plum book by Janet Evanovich.  Not literary, by any stretch of the imagination, but it will provide me with a few hours of laughs that I really look forward to. 
  • Bookish wonders What Would Shakespeare Tweet?  
  • While my relationship is perfect and amazingly wonderful (subtle hint in my choice of graphics for this post) most of the couples in literature are not so healthy.  Huff Post Books has a list of what they've found to be the 17 Most Screwed Up Relationships in Books. The article could be titled the 17 most obviously screwed up relationships.  I think there must be a number of tiers of screwed up couples and, maybe the next tier or two may be far more interesting than a list that includes Humbert Humbert and Lolita and the brother and sister, Jaime and Cersei from A Game of Thrones and the original Mr. and Mrs. Rochester.
  • Wondering what new YA  books are out this fall that you may want to look into?  Bookish gives a list of 8 suggestions. I've read and enjoyed Fangirl  and The Coldest Girl in Coldtown.  I am interested in finding out what Willem's half of the story is in Gayle Forman's Just One Year.
  • My father swore he learned the classics from Classic Comics.  I believe his favorite was A Tale of Two Cities.  I've picked up a couple of the new ones, but I didn't read them in place of, but in addition to the books they depict.  Flavorwire posts this article, Read the World's Great Literature In Graphic Form.  Who doesn't like a book with pictures?  I'm all for the graphic retelling of the classics.  If it makes them more accessible, all the better.
  • Ever wish you could dress like Nancy Drew?  Buzz Feed Books has some suggestions for you to pull it off. I have been thinking of buying a pretty magnifying glass, but the rest of it, is not really my style.  I'll leave it to you to decide if Nancy's look would work for you.
  • Are you waiting for season two of Orange is the New Black on Netflix?  I know I am.  In the meantime, Flavorwire has some suggestions to keep you company while you wait.  25 Things to Read, Watch and Listen to if You Loved Orange is the New Black. Anything that suggests repeated watchings of That 70's Show, is okay with me.
  • Do you remember that astronaut who did that great video of Major Tom from space?  Well, he's back on earth and he's written a book.  As far as effective advertising goes, this commercial is gold.  Now, I want to go out and buy the book.
  • Have you started your holiday shopping yet?  Please don't throw things at me. I haven't either.  No matter where you live in the country, and even if you don't use this list of 45 Great American Indie Bookstores for buying your holiday gifts, check them out.  There aren't nearly enough in my  immediate area, but there are plenty on the east coast.  If any of these stores is near you, support your local bookseller.
  • I'll finish up this post with a Buzz Feed Books article, that showcases 11 Famous Literary Characters on the Moment They First Met Their Love.
I've already got enough links for a few more posts, so you can be sure that I'll be back with more soon.  Until then, enjoy!

No comments: