Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Christmas meme, part 1


There is a Christmas meme going around and I thought it might be nice to include some holiday memories in my ponderings. Since I have the habit of going into too much depth usually, I think I'll break the list down and cover a couple of the 20 questions a day. That will get us to the holiday itself. So, here goes.
1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Hot chocolate, definitely. I used to love it with heaping spoonfuls of Marshmallow Fluf melting into it. Now, I like it with a shot of Malibu rum.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? Mommy and Daddy wrapped presents (well, Mommy wrapped presents from Mommy and Daddy) and put them in perfect neat piles, my presents being matched up perfectly to the corresponding box in my brother's pile. Mommy is a little bit of a control freak. ( I love you Mommy!!!) She also had one side of the tree designated to me, the other side to my brother (usually left side for me (I'm a lefty), right for him.
Santa makes the toys at the North pole. He doesn't wrap them. He sets them up all assembled and batteried up and charged and ready to go when they are discovered on Christmas morning. He also uses Mommy's tree system ~ Left side for me, right side for the brother and the center was all sharesies. I never understood how some people got wrapped presents from Santa. I really didn't get how they could possibly have to spend Christmas morning hunting down batteries for toys and putting them together. My parents might have been bleary eyed by the time we started on our many Christmas day journeys to see family, but all our gifts were ready to go on Christmas morning.

No comments: