Friday, March 15, 2013

Literary Links and Book News (to me)


  • My Flavorwire email this morning links to an article comparing book covers between the US and UK and it's pretty and interesting.
  • It's Free Friday over at Unbound the Barnes and Noble Bookclubs Nook blog.  Try saying that three times fast. I tripped over it in my head just thinking about typing it.  This Friday's official freebies are Everybody's Daughter  by Michael John Sullivan and the Jellyflop app.  Scoop 'em up while you can, and don't forget to read through the comments for loads more freebies!
  • Over at the School Library Journal's blog, the Battle of the Kids' Books rages on.  Yesterday say Endangered beat out Three Times Lucky and today, The Fault in Our Stars won over Temple Grandin.  
  • It's the end of the first full week of The Tournament of Books.  Today it's Hilary Mantel's sequel to Wolf Hall, Bring Up The Bodies against Laurent Binet's HHhH.  Moving on to the next round will be Bring Up the Bodies.  I've got Wolf Hall on my bookshelf waiting to be read. I guess I better move that up the pile, so I can get to the new one.  HHhH still sounds like a very interesting read and, despite it's failure to move on here, I'll definitely be picking it up soon.
  • The newest edition of the Unshelved Book Club can be found here.  Always a good spot to run across more titles to catch my interest.
That's all I have to report so far this morning.  I may update this post as I see interesting things during the day.

Have a great weekend! Happy Reading!
xoxo
Fausti

No comments: