Thursday, March 21, 2013

Thursday Book News 3/21/13


  • Today, over at Flavorpill they have an article on embarrassingly bad book covers.  Usually, they make mountains out of molehills about this stuff, but these are just shake your head weird.
  • Also at Flavorpill and article titled the 10 Best Millennial Authors You Haven't Read (yet), which is absolutely right.  I mean that I haven't read any of them yet.  I guess I better get on that.
  • Yesterday in the Tournament of Books we had a challenge between A.M. Homes' May We Be Forgiven and Chris Ware's Building Stories.  It looks like Building Stories is moving on up.
  • Today the judges looked at the match up between Beautiful Ruins and Gone Girl.  I read both of these and I don't think I could've made a choice between them.  Especially, considering the fact that thematically they are worlds apart.  Apples and oranges, I tell you.  Today's judge Kate Bolick managed and she moves Gone Girl into the semi-finals.
  • Over at the School Library Journal's blog we've come to the end of the quarterfinals of their Battle of the Kids' Books 2013.  In a match up between Moonbird  and Seraphina, Moonbird moves on to the semi-finals. Today, the match up between No Crystal Stair and the wonderful, The One and Only Ivan, we see No Crystal Stair  moving up.  On to round two tomorrow, with winners Bomb and Code Name Verity facing off.
  • Pop on over to Brainpickings.org for this article about Beastly Boys and Ghastly Girls.  Parents will hate it.  I love it!
Well, that's all I have to report for the moment.  Oh, and don't you love the image I found for today's post.  Take a good close look at it.  It definitely gives some advice that I need to take!  Happy reading!
xoxo,
fausti

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/5505401/?claim=xq5cscfnu7y">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

1 comment:

Bexx said...

Hi! I am now your newest follower. As of right now that is. You could have tons of new followers after me, but before you read this, and I wouldn't want them to get upset with me for claiming their place in the line up of followers. Book News is such an awesome idea. I may borrow this idea and morph it into something totally me for my blog! Happy Sunday!