Thursday, May 09, 2013

Two Reviews from July 2003

From the Archives of the original Fausti's Book Quest, July 2003

The King of Torts by John Grisham
Read: July 2003
Original Review:

This book had the feel of Grisham's usual thriller. The protagonist, a good man and good lawyer, who needs to do better financially gets the opportunity to start a class action lawsuit regarding a medication that people do not yet know is dangerous. He winds up involved in all kinds of dangers, physical, professional, personal.

Hmmm, this is more a teeny little recap than a review.  This was clearly from before the blog went public.



Trading Up by Candace Bushnell
Read:  July 2003

Bushnell is the creator of Sex and the City. She wrote the book by that name as well as Four Blondes.  I'm not sure what made me pick this book up, since I did not enjoy Four Blondes  an Trading Up is about one of the Blondes characters.  It was definitely better than its original source material.  I don't know if I would recommend it. I think there are better books in the "chick lit" genre. But, if you liked her other books and you like the show, you may find this an enjoyable read.



No comments: