Wednesday, May 08, 2013

I'm Back!

Yikes!  I can't believe how long it's been since I've last posted.  Unfortunately, the real world has severely cut into my reading and writing about reading time.  I hate when that happens. I have gone from being 2 books ahead of schedule in my goodreads  reading goal for 2013 to 3 books behind.  I've got 11 books that I've read, but haven't even gotten around to writing about and I have a stack of library books on the coffee table in my living room, that not only haven't been put into reading order and taken up and placed on my nightstand, but they are all due back to the library tomorrow.  That's three full weeks that they haven't been touched.  So very very sad!  

That doesn't mean that I  haven't been collecting article and emails about books, because I have. I've even purchased a number of books.  So, here are some links to tide you over until I get an original book review post up. I hope to have one published here later today.

~ The Huffington Post has a great article about gender swapping book covers, as suggested by Maureen Johnson.  You should definitely check it out.   Now that we have e-books and their notoriously horrendous covers, it makes crappy and/or pigeon-holing cover art seem not quite so bad.

~ With the upcoming release of The Great Gatsby movie, there are so many Gatsby articles popping up.  Here's one of fan-designed covers for the book.  And, we've got another from Flavorwire of F. Scott Fitzgerald's editor's take on the book.  How about this one, titled 'Ten Books to Read While You are Waiting for The Great Gatsby to Come out'?  In fact, the folks over at Flavorpill and Flavorwire have tons of great Gatsby themed articles.  

~ I got started blogging because of this list.  It's changed a lot over the years, but I'm happy to say that, even with all the changes, I've still read well over half of the list.  

That's all I have to report so far today.  Happy reading everyone!!


No comments: