Saturday, February 22, 2014

Carnivores

Carnivores by Aaron Reynolds and Illustrated by Dan Santat

Poor carnivores, so lonely at the top of the food chain.  They can't help what they are.  Even when they try to be something else.  They get so much bad press, and they are roundly hated by all those animals that just happen to be on their menu.

Reynold and Santat have created one of the funniest most subversive children's books I've seen in a long time.  Jon Klassen and his disappearing little thieves have nothing on these guys.  From the rationalizations and justifications to the support group, this book will have adults snickering and children enthralled.

I checked a copy out of my local library and haven't added it to my personal collection yet.  I can tell you that I have the most adorable little maniac of a nephew who will be just the right age to love this next year.  I plan on getting it into his hands then.

No comments: