Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Rubber Ducky Regatta


The Cape May County United Way holds the annual Rubber Ducky Regatta as a fundraiser. I've been going for the last four or five years to see the race and enjoy the day. It's not exactly like it's tough. They hold it at one of my favorite places, Wildwood, New Jersey.

So, on Sunday (8/13/06) my mom and my niece and nephew joined me for the day at the shore and to cheer on the little duckies. We had the entire Wildwood experience in a day. We had Mack's pizza, I got to spend time in the bookstore. We had french fries, funnel cakes and cotton candy. We went on the rides and walked the boardwalk. It was a very nice day. The weather was beautiful and the sun was shining.

Here is a picture I took with my phone of the ducks piling up at the finish line. As usual, I didn't win any of the prizes, but I got a lot for my $5 donation and spent a terrific day with my family. So, I guess I really did win!

No comments: