Wednesday, November 22, 2006

This Week's Boyfriend



Wow! It's been forever since I did the blog upkeep around here. So sorry about that! This isn't my primary blog and even that one is woefully behind and I post 2-3 a week over at Fausti's Book Quest. I've been reading and I've been pondering, but I haven't been writing. The internal dialogue here is going strong. I should probably turn the insanity down a notch and write it down instead of keeping my vivid fantasy life going so strong.

I've been watching oodles of TV on DVD these days. I got a little portable dvd player (it's all pretty and red) and I spend my lunch hours curled up in the backseat of my car, in the park, with my lunch, enjoying some quality programming. The backseat of my little Honda Civic is surprisingly comfortable. It's so nice and cozy. I used to go to the park right up the street from the office and read or write while I ate lunch, but now, I've just added another option.

This brings me to this week's fictional and/or unattainable boyfriend. He's not even someone I watched on videotape or DVD this week, which is usually the case, because I rarely watch live TV anymore. Last night I noticed that BBC America has started to run the new Doctor Who. I never watched the old Doctor Who(s), but when Television Without Pity started recapping it, I thought I should check it out. So, I borrowed the first season from my library and really really liked it.

This week's fantasy boyfriend, is, therefore, none other than Season One Doctor Who, Christopher Eccleston. But, only as Doctor Who. Did you ever see him as Iago in that updated version of Othello? We all know that Iago is seriously bad news, but this guy really brought on the all out evil. Sure, you've taken a good look at him and can't see what the fuss is about. I'm not necessarily drawn to conventionally handsome (which is why I'm always surprised by my total love and devotion to Mr. Handsome Honey, who is, epitomizes conventional handsomeness). I usually prefer them quirky. The Doctor is such a great character. He's smart, sweet, heroic, powerful. So, yup, he's this week's fantasy boyfriend.

No comments: